Geelong High School is an exciting chapter in your life and the springboard to your career.
www.geelonghscareers.com - The latest information that will help you make decisions about your future career and your life beyond school.
Geelong High School values every student and works closely with each individual to facilitate them to design program that meets their career pathway needs. The variety of opportunities offered at Geelong High School prepares the individual for the transition into employment, TAFE, University or an apprenticeship and life in general.
Geelong High School offers a variety of study options to ensure all individual needs are catered for. These options include:
• Vocational Education and Training (VET)
• School Based Apprenticeships Training (SBAT)
• Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
• Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
• Advanced VCE Subject selection
• University Extension Units
• Work Experience
• Year 7 to 12 eMIPS program
• Qualified Career Practitioners
• Excursions to Universities and TAFE
• Wannik Tutor
• Parent Involvement
• Information Evenings
Geelong High School has an exceptionally well resourced Careers Area where students can complete their own research or consult with qualified staff. Students have access to the following resources:
- Computer access to University websites, resume development tools, VCAA,Exam Preparation, TAFE Directories, VTAC, Interview preparation and Aptitude Testing
- Career Resource Library
- Employment Noticeboard
- Integrated Year 7 - 12 Careers Program
- WIRL Media
At Geelong High School career education begins in Year 7 and is embedded into the curriculum throughout each student’s studies. Parent involvement is encouraged as we strive to ensure each student reaches their potential.
For further information please contact:
Phone: 5225 4140
Careers Events News Literature
www.myfuture.edu.au - Online career exploration and information service.
Career bullseye posters - "Do you enjoy or are you good at" posters.
www.vtac.edu.au - Use Course Selection - this will allow you to specify a search based on sector (University / TAFE / ITC) institution, campus, ATAR range, a field of study or major.
www.vcaa.vic.edu.au - "Where to Now?" Scroll down the left side and click on 'Where to Now' for more information.